domingo, 24 de abril de 2016

Closed Minds Issues

I grew up just like everyone else around me. I've always been really happy. I had my friends, I played with them in the streets, we were all very close to each other. Then, when I grew up, I used to spend many time alone at home. My both parents worked the whole afternoon, so I just did my homework and watch tv. One day, I found one of my mother's magazine, and I started to pay attention to the faces of the women who appeared there. The way the makeup made them look amazing made me feel like I could be as pretty as them. So I started wearing it in my loneliness. I felt so gorgeous, so special, so complete.

Usually, when my parents came back in the night I had already had my bath and the makeup was cleaned from my face. But one day, my father came sooner than expected and he caught me dancing in front of the mirror wearing my makeup. He got angry, he made me take it off, but most of all, me made me feel guilty, confused, horrible. He made me feel like I was weird. He said I wasn't supposed to do that, to like that. But I do, I'm like that, am I wrong? Is there a fault on me? Am I not supposed to be like that? 

When my mother came that night, he told her everything, and he got even angrier when she didn't agree with him. They argued all night, shouting terrible things I wish I'd never heard. I was in my room, in my bed, I couldn't stop crying. Late night she came and hug me, she said: "everything will be okay, you're perfect the way you are, never forget that. we'll leave tomorrow, don't worry about anything my love. you're the most important thing in my life, I love you so much". I whispered I loved her too, and as looked up to see her face, I realized her eye was purple, and I got scared. But she covered my eyes with her cold hands and whispered me the song she created for me when I was very little. 

When I waked up, my mother wasn't there, and not even my father. I stayed in bed for a few hours, I hadn't the strength to wake up. Then my grandparents came and took me to their home. They said that my both parents were missing, and I knew my grandpas were broken inside because they feared the worst. I was really scared too, I started to imagine a life without my mom, the closest person to me, the only one that knows my fears and how to make me forget them, the only one that stays with me no matter what happens, the only one that loves me unconditionally. 

A month after that, as I was in my room as usual, someone phoned. I used to spend the most of the day alone, reading or listening to sad music, trying to fill the gap in my inner. I didn't pay attention at first, but when I realized my grandma was crying, the first thing that came to my find was that they've found my mother's dead body. Instantly I felt guilty for thinking that, so I waited to my grandma hanging up the phone. She needed a few seconds to recover her voice before telling me what we're going on. "They've found your father, he's arrested for hitting your mother", she said. She cried because she felt safer then. I couldn't avoid feeling reassured, one of the reasons I didn't went much out was because I feared seeing him. 

In the middle of that night, someone started trying to open the house' front door. I was totally frightened, what if my father escaped and came for me? But as the door opened I couldn't believe my eyes. My mom was back! I cried like never before, I felt the luckiest person alive. It turned that my mother was hidden in a friend of her's house, but she didn't contact me because she was afraid of my father finding me, so we both suffered the same. I was so happy about having her back. We got even closer than before, and we've never separated again from each other more than usual. My mom taught me how to wear my makeup well, despite the insignificant detail that I'm a boy.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario